Stanhope Parking Lot: 78-81 A E Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02118
Open air parking lot on E. Berkeley Street, which is a one-way street heading north.
- From START of tour: 8 minute walk / 0.4 miles
- From END of tour: 8 min walk / 0.4 miles
- $15/day – Cash Only
Walking Directions to Elephant Walk from Stanhope Parking:
Exit Lot and cross E Berkeley Street to Shawmut Ave and head south on Shawmut
In 0.3mi, Turn left onto Union Park St
In 394 ft, Turn right onto Washington St
In 233 ft, The Elephant Walk will be on the right
GTI Properties Lot #2: 324 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
This lot is located under Interstate 93, entrance and exit from Albany Street.
- From START of tour: 10 minute walk / 0.5 miles
- From END of tour: 13 minute walk / 0.7 miles
- $2.50/hr – Credit Card Only
Walking Directions to Elephant Walk from GTI Parking Lot #2:
Head south on Albany St toward Thayer St
In 49 ft, Turn right onto Thayer St
In 0.1 mi, Turn left onto Harrison Ave
In 0.1 mi, Turn right onto Savoy St
In 374 ft, Turn left onto Washington St
In 0.1mi, The Elephant Walk will be on the right
Other Important Tour information:
Suggestions & Guidelines
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes early, as our tours start right on time.
- Gratuities for your tour guide are not included in your ticket price. If you enjoy yourself and would like to consider a tip for your tour guide, gratuities are greatly appreciated and graciously accepted at the end of the tour.
- Please consider bringing along a bottled beverage if you would like to have something to drink throughout the tour.
What to Wear
- Please wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes. We will be on our feet for most of the tour and we want you to be as comfortable as possible. Also, this is a historic neighborhood and the streets and sidewalks can be uneven in some places.
- Please dress for the forecast. As New England weather can be unpredictable, please check the weather forecast and temperature on the day of your tour and choose your attire accordingly. In cases of inclement weather, rain gear, including a rain jacket and/or an umbrella are good items to bring along. We have fun in all kinds of weather, but we do also spend a lot of time outdoors, so please come prepared for maximum enjoyment!
What to Bring/What Not to Bring
- A bottle of water if you enjoy having water with you while you walk.
- Rain gear: a rain jacket and/or an umbrella are a good idea in cases of inclement weather.
- A Camera – the South End has beautiful parks, scenery and architecture that make for great photo opps!